Careers – Graduate Catastrophe Analyst
Reporting in to the Senior Catastrophe Analyst, as Graduate Catastrophe Analyst you will assist and support the Exposure Management team in relation to our exposure monitoring processes for a number of lines of business.
Neon’s Exposure Management function ensures that geographic aggregations are well monitored and that Neon is aware of potential loss exposure across all business underwritten. Exposure Management can assist underwriters in making key decisions around risk taking and provide early warning indicators to management of possible over exposure intra-class or correlated across the business. As a team, responsibilities include:
- Recording and modelling of exposure information with sufficient levels of details and integrity.
- Production of regulatory returns including: PMD, RDS, Lloyd’s Catastrophe Model (LCM)
- Production of capital model catastrophe data feeds
- Production of internal management information
- Production of required outward reinsurance placing information
- Production of post event exposure analysis
The role will be working with Underwriting, Actuarial and Risk on a daily basis and covers the following areas of exposure management work: data manipulation, quality control, catastrophe modelling, analysis and reporting.
Data Manipulation and Quality Control
- Cleansing and manipulating underwriting aggregate data across multiple classes of business when necessary
- Ensuring quality control is maintained from our outsourcing partners
- Assisting in ensuring consistent high data quality across multiple lines of business
Catastrophe Modelling and Analysis
- Working within the Exposure Management team to capture policies in the catastrophe modelling software and support the underwriters in pricing of natural catastrophe risk.
- Interpretation of modelling results in order to develop analysis and MI for Underwriting
- Assist in production of pre- and post event Neon exposure and loss analysis
- Assist in the reporting of probabilistic losses, regulatory reports and ad-hoc requests
- Highly numerate
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to process and understand data quickly and creatively
- Proactive, inquisitive and organised with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines while working as an individual or within a team
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Windows familiarity
- Knowledge of various other software packages such as SQL, VBA or other programming languages is desirable but not essential
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 2:1 degree or higher in an analytical field preferred (e.g. Mathematics, Engineering, Business, Economics, Geography, Computer Science)
- A-Level Maths and/or ITC would be advantageous
- GCSE Maths grade A-C
- Any experience dealing with large quantities of data will be an advantage
- Experience in an insurance role would also be advantageous
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com