Careers – Senior Reinsurance Technician
To take a senior operational role within Neon’s reinsurance division, including but not limited to Recoveries, Premium calculation/payment, and Internal/External Reporting. The role also encompasses assisting with the wider reinsurance purchasing process via production of accurate data and liaison with other departments to ensure that the Reinsurance Committee can make purchasing decisions with all available information.
- Assist with the development of Neon’s overall reinsurance strategy
- Help to manage the proposed strategy in line with Neon’s risk appetite, taking into account risk tolerance, financial objectives and capital requirements
Reinsurance purchasing process
- Collation of reinsurance submissions
- Assist the actuarial department in the evaluation of individual reinsurance cover arrangements in terms of profitability and capital efficiency for presentation to the Reinsurance Committee (RIC).
- Manage the administration of placements to ensure all regulatory filings, minutes from meetings, and management information is completed accurately and on time.
- Review the placing information and security in conjunction with the CUO, underwriting and claims teams.
- For Facultative reinsurance, work with the CUO and U/W teams to ensure that matching cover between the underlying policies written and reinsurance protection is commercially viable and always secured in line with placement procedures, including security requirements, so as to ensure that the Company’s credit risk is minimised
- Co-ordinate structured communication between all those involved with the buying process to facilitate the proactive sharing of market knowledge and technical expertise
- Monitor and manage brokers’ performance through use of appropriate MI.
Reinsurance administration and recoveries
- Assist with the servicing of the reinsurance programmes
- Work with the reinsurance technician to ensure that the collection of reinsurance recoveries is handled effectively and efficiently, including timely communication with reinsurance partners and the Neon Underwriting Executive Committee / Board
- Assist teams with any claims issues which may escalate to ensure satisfactory resolution and provide regular reports to the RIC
- Respond to technical reinsurance queries where required
- Co-ordinate the submission of management information to reinsurers and brokers
- Co-ordinate the audits requested and conducted by reinsurers, and ensure appropriate feedback is obtained and responded to where appropriate
Financial and management information
- Produce financial information including reinsurance spend plans and forecasts, provision for bad debt, Quarterly Lloyds R/I returns and liaise with the actuarial team regarding reinsurance IBNR calculations
- Provide information required for the syndicate business forecast and the internal model.
- Provide information as requested in order to complete the GAIG corporate reinsurance security review
- Adhere to corporate governance policies and procedures
- Assist with the design and implementation of appropriate reinsurance policies and procedures to meet corporate and regulatory requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS Office suite and advanced Excel knowledge
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years’ experience within the non-life insurance industry in a reinsurance role
- Lloyd’s market experience would be a distinct advantage
- Although not essential, a numerate degree would be advantageous and an ACII qualification would be sought after
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org