Mergers & Acquisitions
Underwriting more than 1,000 M&A deals a year, we are familiar with a broad range of sectors, jurisdictions and structures. Our insurance and legal expertise ensures we provide clients with solutions tailored to each transaction.
About This Product
We consider a variety of sectors and risks and our core M&A appetite, with transaction values of £10m – £1bn, covers:
- Renewable Energy
- Care Homes
- Manufacturing & Distribution
Our core products are designed to protect either the buyer or the seller on a private company transaction.
We provide cover for a variety of tax risks arising in M&A and other transactions, including cover relating to substantial shareholdings exemption, income tax on management shares, entrepreneurs’ relief, SDLT, VAT exemption status, interest deductibility to tax residence, and trading vs investment/transactions in UK land risks.
Warranty & Indemnity / Reps & Warranties Insurance
- Buyer W&I – Protection for buyers against breach of a seller’s warranty or tax indemnity (inc. protection against fraud by a seller)
- Seller W&I – Defence costs and damages protection for sellers where buyers claim breach of warranty or indemnity
- Property Sector M&A – W&I insurance tailored to the ever-changing property investment sector
- Renewable Energy M&A – W&I insurance tailored to the specific risks of renewable energy
M&A Tax Liability Insurance
- M&A Specific Tax – Bespoke cover for tax issues identified in due diligence
- Fund wind-up – Designed to allow the closure and wind-up of a fund
- Synthetic Tax covenant – Buyer protection where the seller will not provide a tax covenant
- Tax residence – Protection for buyers of off-shore structures/vehicles
- Structure collapse – Specialist tax protection for where an asset is extracted from and entity and the entity is to be collapsed
- Liquidator protection – Protection for liquidators where they need to distribute funds to creditors
- GBP £100,000,000 (or currency equivalent)
International, with a particular focus on:
- Hong Kong
- Middle East
- Cross-border transactions
Neon can underwrite in any country where Lloyd’s is licensed to trade.
- Investment funds
- Commercial companies
- Lawyers and Corporate Advisers to facilitate M&A transactions
Why choose Neon for M&A?
At Neon, we pride ourselves on the experience, dedication and flexibility of our underwriting teams and M&A is no exception.
We are nimble and creative in our approach, while being service-oriented and a reliable deal partner and offering our trademark excellent claims handling.
We are always open to discussing specific transaction needs and are happy to enter into a confidentiality undertaking before you provide sensitive transactional information and details.
documents available for download
Contacts - M&A
Class Underwriter &
Head of M&A Insurance
Underwriter & Solicitor, M&A Insurance+44 (0)20 7488 7771 firstname.lastname@example.org
Underwriter & Solicitor, M&A Insurance+44 (0)20 7488 7693 email@example.com
Assistant Underwriter+44 (0)20 7488 7804 firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacts - Tax
Underwriter & Solicitor, Head of Tax Liability Insurance+44 (0)20 7488 7796 email@example.com
Underwriter & Solicitor, Tax Liability Insurance+44 (0)20 7488 7686 firstname.lastname@example.org
Underwriter & Solicitor, Tax Liability Insurance+44 (0)20 7488 7730 email@example.com