Political & Credit Risk
Our extensive knowledge and understanding of the Political & Credit Risk market allows us to underwrite a wide variety of risks, in line with the ever-changing global political and economic environment.
About This Product
The team is able to review insurance and reinsurance risks from all industries and sectors, with a focus on:
- Oil & Gas
- Infrastructure projects
We are able to write a broad portfolio of trade finance and investment risk with tenors ranging from 1 month to 15 years, covering both commercial and governmental / sovereign obligors and perils.
The team write contract, finance and investment risk covered by the Lloyd’s audit codes CF, CR and PR:
- Contract Frustration (CF): Contract Termination &/or default cover for contracts with a foreign government or government owned entity
- Credit Risk (CR): Cover for contracts and financing with a private companies
- Political Risk (PR): Cover against government intervention for a client’s equity investment or physical assets held in a foreign location
- Financial Guarantee (FG): Cover for non-trade specific, general corporate purpose and working capital financing with private and state entities
Coverage includes payment for claims related to:
- Non-payment and non-delivery by a private or public obligor
- Non-honouring of financial instruments (e.g. Letter of Credit or Guarantee)
- Confiscation, nationalisation, expropriation or deprivation of physical assets or equity investments
Maximum Line Sizes
- CF: USD/EUR 40,000,000
- CR: USD/EUR 30,000,000
- PR: USD/EUR 40,000,000
- FG: USD/EUR 5,000,000
- Emerging markets
Taking into account the dynamic global geopolitical environment, demand and availability of capacity is subject to continuing review and consistent risk evaluation.
Neon can underwrite in any country where Lloyd’s is licensed to trade.
- Banks and financial institutions
- Commodity traders
- Medium-large corporates.
Why choose Neon for Political & Credit Risk?
Our highly qualified team has over 55 years’ combined experience, offering a dedicated, prompt and responsive service.
We are able to offer bespoke coverage, have a daily underwriting presence at Lloyd’s (Box 107), and provide Neon’s trademark expert handling of claims.
We are able to assess new enquiries on the basis of:
- Full details on the client, the country of risk and the counterparty (as applicable)
- Project / contract details
- The client’s past experience in the country and/or with the counterparty
Maximum Policy Tenors
- Up to a maximum of 15 years
documents available for download
Class Underwriter+44 (0)20 7488 7689 firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Credit Analyst+44 (0)20 7488 7708 email@example.com
Underwriter+44 (0)20 7488 7603 firstname.lastname@example.org
Underwriter+44 (0)20 7488 7721 email@example.com
Underwriter+44 (0)20 7488 7776 firstname.lastname@example.org
Underwriter & Portfolio Analyst+44 (0)20 7488 7714 email@example.com
Underwriter+44 (0)20 7488 7797 firstname.lastname@example.org